24 June 2011

Day 13: Aka Admires

This is the next day in Saga of Spellbound's 20 days of...WoW blogging challenge. You can find more participants here.

Catch up on Day 12: Akaschedule

In blogland, I admire writers who can speak their minds eloquently and respond to comments gracefully. Having a unique and insightful perspective is a must, as is communicating it to the reader. Even if the topic is unpopular or controversial, a writer that maintains said eloquence in responding to commenters rather than dissolving into teeth-gnashing is a person I want to emulate. I would love to cultivate this sort of skill. Such bloggers include: Larisa from PPI, the gentlemen of Righteous Orbs, Pewter at The 'Mental Shaman, and Keeva of Tree Bark Jacket.

In game, I admire my raid leaders. They have a huge job - knowing strats and being able to summarize them, managing rosters and loot, dealing with morale, putting up with my constant requests for /RW permission. It takes a good memory, and confidence in managing people. I've always thought about applying to RL, but I think the responsibility might be too much work for the game I play, which makes me admire my RLs even more.

I also really admire people who have figured out how to best balance their gaming with the rest of their lives. Although there are some days I just don't log in, or log in and get completely distracted doing everything but playing, there are also days where I have to talk myself into logging off and going out, even if it's something I've been looking forward to. Part of that, I suspect, is because I am by nature a homebody, but part of it is also that I can't tell myself no. So I like to read about people who have successfully integrated gaming into their lives without succumbing to the sort of lazy weakness I am plagued by; I like to live vicariously through their success and aspire to it myself :)

Go to Day 14: /flips table

No comments:

Post a Comment