18 June 2011

Day 12: Akaschedule

This is the next day in Saga of Spellbound's 20 days of...WoW blogging challenge. You can find more participants here.

Catch up on Day 11: Beko's Bad Habits

My workday is an artful attempt to always appear busy whilst having nothing to do. I drink lots of coffee and work on blog posts (and go to the bathroom a lot because of said coffee), or I catch up on my blog or book reading. I also do Japanese homework when I feel a craving for well-meaning but patronizing praise like, "Wow! You can read Japanese without spaces between the words?"

The more bored I am at work, the more obsessive I become over WoW. I feel impatient about playing and annoyed that I am wasting my time twiddling my thumbs at my desk. This is alleviated by reading and writing, as it keeps me from making "plan of attack" lists out of desperation. On my least-busy days my planner is filled with needlessly detailed to-do lists like "heroic! dailies! check auctions! level mage!"

I get home around 5pm. If I have ridden my bike, I take off my sweaty clothes and sit in front of the fan until I stop sweating. Then I check my email and poke around the guild website for any juicy news.

If I have somewhere to go, I don't want to get too entrenched in anything, so I avoid reading blogs, starting podcasts, or logging into a guilded character. If possible I do one or two chores while I have the nerve. After I get home from whatever I went to do, I putter around on Aka, doing a heroic with the late-night guildies or grinding Archaeology. On Tuesdays the servers are usually down when I get home, so I use this time to update facebook photo albums or edit pictures for the blog. It's also a prime time to force myself to do chores. If I haven't taken care of it already, I update my personal blog on Tuesday evenings.

On free nights I raid at 6:30, then check auctions or work on alts afterwards. Raiding sometimes gives me a headache, so I don't hang out on Vent and usually crave the mindless bliss that is playing a level 15 hunter.

Go to Day 13: Aka Admires

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! Having a job where you have to "look busy" is the worst, isn't it? Very conducive to blogging . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so the worst! People are generally like "oh that sounds awesome" but after a few 8 hour days of refreshing google reader hoping something else has come up it gets old.

    ReplyDelete