14 May 2011

Day 6: Akadesko

This is the next day in Saga of Spellbound's 20 days of...WoW blogging challenge. You can find more participants here.

Catch up on Day 5: Vanity Item Powers, Activate!

Whilst getting my desk in summer-mode, I took the opportunity to get a before and after shot. You'll notice how unusually clean it is after the blankets are removed >_>;;; You may be surprised to learn that I sit on the floor. I have a floor chair and some cushions with no backs, but for the most part sitting on the floor doesn't bother me. The blankets keep the heat from the table heater in during winter, but in summer they are, of course, way too hot. Plus they soak up dust like nobody's business. This is the only place in my one-room apartment that the kotatsu could fit, ever since I got a mattress for my fold-out bed. The table blocks half of my balcony door, but having the space means I don't have to sleep on a futon which makes my hips happy, so it's worth it.

As you can see I have a sweet "dual screen" setup, and some  DIY-fab wrist wrests. What! The edge of the desk is hard on my delicate joints!
Here's the original akabeko, hanging with Capybara-san, a glass angel from Hawaii, and my trusty authenticator.
I forgot to reinstate my gryphon plushie, but at least the pile of keychains is still there.
Go to Day 7: red cow rise?

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I wish I had a kotatsu . . . but as I've gotten older, it has become much, much harder to sit on the floor, so it's probably a good thing I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anachan: At this point I'm still so in love with my kotatsu I'm wondering how hard it would be to ship it home with me!

    @Fuzzy: I wish it were truly dual screens so I wouldn't have to reach over to type on the laptop >_> (oh, first world problems)

    ReplyDelete